Bladnoch Distillery was founded in 1817 by
the McClelland brothers, John and Thomas. It is the southernmost
of all Scotland distilleries and is located in the southwest
corner of the Scotland mainland about a mile from Wigtown
and on a river by the same name. It has had an inconsistent
history of both production and ownership. It was mothballed
from 1939 to 1945 during World War II. Opened again in 1956,
it was sold two more times with some expansion taking place
at various times. Sold to the well-established Bell's conglomerate
in 1983, production consistency was maintained until it was
taken out of production again in 1993. There are no plans
to reopen this classic Lowland distillery in the near future.
10 year old
||Medium to full
with some fruity and floral notes.
||Medium with some
fruity sweetness. Some slight malty, citrus and spice
||Quite short in
length with a trace of citrus and light sweetness.